We look forward to seeing you in 2016!
Eureka Climb proudly presented by OsteoEze – The Joint Care Specialist – will be held on Sunday 15 November, 2015. You can register through this website via our secure on-line registration process.
7 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Individual or Team?
You can create a team of four people (and become a team captain), join a team of four (that has been created by a team captain), or sign up as an individual. Please note: teams can not be any more than four people. To join a team you need to be invited by a team captain (via email). If you want to dress up feel free! We love that, but it’s up to you what you wear.
Participating in Eureka Climb includes an Entry Fee + a minimum pledge requirement.
|Walker (not timed, social)||$50||$200|
|Climber (timed, competitive)||$60||$240|
|Min. Fundraising Pledge*||$35||$140|
*Teams entering the Corporate Challenge will be required to raise a minimum pledge of $400 to participate.
If you sign up before Saturday 1 August 2015 you will be able to take advantage of the early bird price, saving yourself $5 off individual entries and $20 off team registrations.
What you get*:
Access to level 88 (Skydeck 88) of Eureka Tower is normally $19.50. This is included as part of your entry. The below includes the added extras which may be updated from time to time so please check back.
- Official Finishers Medallion
- Access to free training sessions with Active Melbourne
- Access to 15% off the best available rate for accommodation at Travelodge over the event weekend (located right next door)
- Ability to win prizes exclusive to participants for fundraising, race times and best dressed.
- Exclusive offers from Event Partners
*subject to change
We are unable to offer refunds if you register and then are no longer able to participate in Eureka Climb. However we can transfer your registration if you find someone to take your place.
** Waves are filling up so get your registrations in QUICK!
Elites: 6:45am Walkers: 7:15am – 10:00am Climbers: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Elites will start at 6:45am. Staggered start (wave) times begin from 7:00am and you can select your start (wave) time during registration. Emergency Services and Corporate Challenge will have designated wave times. A new wave time will start every 15 minutes and will consist of a staggered start (one person released at a time, thus ensuring the stairs don’t become too congested.
A field limit of approximately 80 participants is permitted per wave for both walkers and climbers. Once a wave is full you will no longer be able to enter that allotted time. When entering as a team, 4 spaces will be allocated when you select your wave start time so that you and your team mates can all climb together.
- Climber – A climber is a timed competitive entrant, eligible to receive an accurate race time and prizes. Climbers will start at the Eureka Tower Plaza Area and finish on level 88.
- Walker – A walker is not timed, non competitive and ineligible for fastest time prizes*. The walker category is perfect for those individuals and teams wanting to take part in this charity event without the added pressure of keeping up the pace. A separate stairwell will be utilised for this category and will finish on level 88. This is perfect for families and social teams!
- Teams – A team consists of 4 team members of which you will all start at the same time (but do not have to all finish at the same time). You can enter as a team in the climber OR walker category – not both (a team can’t consist of 3 team members as climbers and 1 team member as a walker). A team time is the aggregate of all 4 team members. A team member is eligible for fastest individual prizes but NOT individual fundraising prizes. Thinking about registering a team? Make sure you have the email address’s of all your team members! Once you register the team, your team members will be sent an email asking them to confirm their place!
Special Event Groups
Elite athletes will need to apply for a limited position in this group of just 20 male and 20 female climbers. Entry fees still apply and fundraising is encouraged but not compulsory for this category. Read more here.
Current race record holders: Male: 7min 34sec (Mark Bourne 2013), Female 9min 33sec (Alice McNamara 2011)
All past Eureka Climb events have been well supported by members of the Emergency Services, in particular the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and CFA, Ambulance Victoria, Victoria Police, and our Defence Forces.
Wear your corporate colours with pride and help make a difference through the work of Whitelion and Interplast. Teams need to raise a minimum of $400 per team to be eligible to enter the challenge.
Winners can enjoy the camaraderie with colleagues by celebrating with the inaugural corporate cup afterwards.
Your race kit includes your race bib (with safety pins) which you are required to wear and some vouchers. We advise you to arrive at least 45mins prior to your wave start time to collect your race kit or you can choose to collect your kit at one of the nominated pre-event day collection times:
- Thursday 12 November 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday 13 November 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Event Day from 6:15am – 1:00pm
You can collect your race kit during the above times from the event marquee located in the Eureka Tower Plaza adjacent to Travelodge Hotel.
Timing will be available to those that have entered the “climber” category (individual or team). Your race bib will include a timing chip that is activated when you run over a timing mat located just inside the entrance. It will then activate again when you run over the timing mat located at the finish line on level 88, recording an accurate start and finish time.
A team’s time is an aggregate of all 4 team members. You will be able to view your time post race on the big screen located at the Eureka Tower Concourse and also online at www.tomatoresults.com.au If you are not that competitive and do not care about receiving an official time, we advise you to enter the walker category either as an individual or team.
For past race results and times click here.
Family and friends can purchase a ticket to Eureka Skydeck where the finish line will be located. If you’d like to purchase a ticket click here or you can purchase on the day.
Doors to Eureka Skydeck will open at 7am on event day. Please note due to the Vertigo exhibition spectators will be unable to view the finish line on level 88. Alternatively, there will be plenty going on at the Eureka Tower Concourse to keep family and friends amused as they await your return to earth and live streaming of the finish line on the main stage.
Fundraising or raising a minimum pledge is an integral part of Eureka Climb. Click here to find out where your fundraising money goes or click here to read more about the minimum pledge requirement.
Official Event Merchandise
You can purchase an official 2XU event singlet during the registration process. If you wish to purchase a singlet after registrations then you can do so by logging into your Dashboard and going to the Product page.
Thanks to our friends at Travelodge Southbank, Eureka Climb participants will receive 15% off the best available rate for accommodation for Friday 14 and Saturday 15 November (located right next door)! To redeem this offer book via their website using the promo code:EUREKA89.
Travelodge Southbank will also be offering event day breakfast for $19.00 so be sure to visit them before or after your climb to fuel up and take advantage of this fantastic offer!
On the Day
Click here to visit our page dedicated to what you need to know about the day including on the day registrations.