On The Day
We look forward to seeing you in 2016!
Thank you for participating in Eureka Climb proudly presented by OsteoEze – The Joint Care Specialist– and supporting our Charity Partners Interplast and Whitelion.
For full event day information please view or download the Event Day Information booklet.
A few important points to note are as follows:
- Please ensure you arrive at least 30min prior to your scheduled wave time to allow time for race kit collection at the registration marque and assembly into the marshaling area. Allow more time if you would like to use our facilities to warm up (recommended) or if you have outstanding minimum pledges to sort out at the donations tent.
- Team captains are responsible for collecting their team’s race kits (all team members bibs inside the one kit).
- The Team race kit cannot be collected until the team fundraising minimum pledge has been reached.
- Those people that have ordered t-shirts will receive them on the day (collect from Registration Marquee with your race kit).
- On the day donations will be accepted from the donations marquee. You can also process your cash donations here on the day.
- On the day registrations will be pending availability. The cost for these will be $100 (all inclusive of minimum pledge) from the registration marquee.
- Those of you that have raised enough money to “run to the roof” (raise over $500 per individual or $2000 as team) will be identified at registration and on your bibs. Assembly point for roof top photos will be on level 88.
- There is a bag compound for your belongings but you’ll need to collect your race kit FIRST and tear off the bag compound tab from your bib to use this service.
- No change room facilities are available.
- Porta loos will be available outside Eureka.
Riverside Quay will be closed from 5.00am (from Cook Street to Southgate Avenue). No parking will be available in Cook Street. You may experience additional road closures due to the City2Sea event. For information on specific road closures please visit www.traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
The stairwells – what to expect
Expect the stairwells to be hot and stuffy. Whilst participants will be released in staggered starts there will be some congestion at times. Here are some basic guidelines to follow during your climb:
- Keep to the inside rails, overtake on the outside/ wide side.
- Water stations will be located at L25, L53, L65 and at the finish.
- Dispose of water bottles in the bins provided.
- Make your way back down to ground level as soon as you are able to avoid massive congestion on level 88.
- Start slowly and build up over the journey.
You may also like to read about “track hack” which can effect some climbers.
Completing your climb
We appreciate you’ll be tired after your climb and need some recover time on level 88 however, please be aware of congestion and move as quickly as you can back down to ground level (via the express lift). We have massage and activities in the plaza for your enjoyment.
Getting your time
Timed climbers will be able to find out their race time by heading over to the Timing Marquee within the Expo area at the base of Eureka Tower.
If you have raised at least $500 (individual) or $2000 (team) you’ve qualified for the roof-top photo. There will be an area assigned for roof-top photos on level 88. Directly after your race head to the area (it will be signed) and you will be escorted to the roof from there.
Official event photos will be taken by Super Sport Images (Eureka Skydeck sign on ground level, stairwell and finish line) and will be available for purchase on-line post event (this may take a couple of days to become available). Be sure to pose for your photos outside the Eureka Skydeck sign (ground level, outside) before you climb.
Dress up to win
We’ve got prizes for best dressed team and individual. Prizes include 2XU in-store vouchers.
Parking and Transport
Parking is available at Wilsons Car Park in the Eureka Building, it is accessible via Southbank Ave off City Road. Validate your car parking ticket at the Eureka Skydeck ticket counter upon entry for a discount. Parking is also available at Crown Casino (prices vary depending on hours parked). Alternative car parking can be found by clicking here and viewing the interactive map. Please note the public transport timetable is reduced on a Sunday.
Family and friends can wait for participants at Eureka Skydeck 88 by purchasing a ticket. Doors will open at 7am. Please note that due to the Vertigo exhibition on level 88 spectators will be unable to view the finish line.
A dedicated Kids Zone will be set up in the plaza area (ground level) with colouring in, face painting and other kids activities.