On The Day
Thank you for participating in Eureka Climb proudly presented by OsteoEze – The Joint Care Specialist– and supporting our Charity Partners Interplast and Whitelion. Our 2016 Event Day Information booklet can be accessed here or read below for a snapshot on some of the more important elements.
Limited on the day registrations will be available. Registration will be inclusive of minimum pledge amounts and therefore $95 for a walker (untimed) and $100 for a climber (timed). Stay tuned to this site for available waves (see event information page).
A few important points to note are as follows:
- Please ensure you arrive at least 30min prior to your scheduled wave time to allow time for race kit collection at the registration marque and assembly into the marshalling area. Allow more time if you would like to use our facilities to warm up (recommended) or if you have outstanding minimum pledges to sort out at the donations tent.
- Team captains are responsible for collecting their team’s race kits (all team members bibs inside the one kit).
- The Team race kit cannot be collected until the team fundraising minimum pledge has been reached.
- Those people that have ordered singlets will receive them on the day (collect from Registration Marquee with your race kit).
- On the day donations will be accepted from the donations marquee. You can also process your cash donations here on the day.
- On the day registrations will be pending availability. The cost for these will be $100 (all inclusive of minimum pledge) from the registration marquee.
- Those who have qualified for the 88 Club will be contacted prior to the event will all the details of the 88 Club benefits.
- There is a bag compound for your belongings but you’ll need to collect your race kit FIRST and tear off the bag compound tab from your bib to use this service.
- No change room facilities are available.
- Porta-loos will be available.
On-the-day registration, replacements and team member activation
If you missed out on registering online, forgot to activate your team member registration or are unable to participate and have a friend who would like to take your place please download and complete the relevant form below and bring it with you on the day.
- Click here to download a manual registration form (wave times only available after 12pm for timed category and before 9:45am for un-timed category)
- Click here to download a replacement team member form
- Click here to download a late team member activation form
Riverside Quay will be closed from 5.00am (from Cook Street to Southgate Avenue). No parking will be available in Cook Street. For information on specific road closures please visit www.traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
The stairwells – what to expect
Expect the stairwells to be hot and stuffy. Whilst participants will be released in staggered starts there will be some congestion at times. Here are some basic guidelines to follow during your climb:
- Keep to the inside rails, overtake on the outside/ wide side.
- Water stations will be located at L25, L53, L65 and at the finish.
- Dispose of water bottles in the bins provided.
- Make your way back down to ground level as soon as you are able to avoid massive congestion on level 88.
- Start slowly and build up over the journey.
“Track Hack” may effect some climbers. This is the nick-name for coughing which can set in post climb and it’s due to the very deep, more rapid breathing caused by exertion in the dry (no moisture in the air) stairwells. The intake of air without the normal levels of lubrication in the throat irritates the airway and this produces the cough. Small sips of water on the way up to lubricate the throat and may help.
Completing your climb
We appreciate you’ll be tired after your climb and need some recover time on level 88 however, please be aware of congestion and move as quickly as you can back down to ground level (via the express lift). We have massage and activities in the plaza for your enjoyment.
Getting your time
Timed climbers will be able to find out their race time by heading over to the Timing Marquee within the Expo area at the base of Eureka Tower or via the timing website here.
Official event photos will be taken by Super Sport Images (in the stairwell and at the finish line) and will be available for purchase on-line post event (this may take a couple of days to become available). Be sure to pose for your photos outside the Eureka Skydeck sign (ground level, outside) before you climb.
Dress up to win
We’ve got prizes for best dressed so dress up for a chance to win!
Parking and Transport
Parking is available at the Wilson Car Park in the Eureka Building, it is accessible via Southbank Ave off City Road. Validate your car parking ticket at the Eureka Skydeck ticket counter upon entry for a discount. Parking is also available at Crown Casino (prices vary depending on hours parked). Alternative car parking can be found by clicking here and viewing the interactive map. Please note the public transport timetable is reduced on a Sunday.
Family and friends can wait for participants at Eureka Skydeck 88 by purchasing a ticket. Doors will open at 7am