In preparation for the event it is good to have an idea of how long it will take you to complete the event, Stair climbing times depend largely on your fitness, average times for climbing the stairs are below:
- Advanced fitness levels (10-15mins)
- Intermediate fitness levels (15–30mins)
- Beginner fitness levels (30mins+)
Stair Climb Training Quick Tips
- For all stair climbing training use a stair case with approximately 8-12 flights of stairs for all training sessions.
- Preferably use a stair case that has access to an elevator to take you down after each climb, this reduces stress on the knees when running down stairs.
- If you do not have access to an elevator avoid running down stairs, instead walk to minimise impact on your knees.
- Try to take two steps at a time when climbing for a more efficient climb.
- Use railing if it is available.