In preparation for the event it is good to have an idea of how long it will take you to complete the event, Stair climbing times depend largely on your fitness, average times for climbing the stairs are below:
- Advanced fitness levels (10-15mins)
- Intermediate fitness levels (15–30mins)
- Beginner fitness levels (30mins+)
Download a 6 week training program
For your convenience, the stair climbing experts at Stair Climbing Australia have put together a 6 week training program for Eureka Climb. The program can be used regardless of your fitness level and can be viewed then downloaded from here.
Active Melbourne free inner city, after work training sessions
These sessions will run for six weeks on a Thursday evening starting the 8 October, meeting at Council House 2, 218-240 Little Collins St (meet on the corner of Swanston Street and Little Collins Street). There will be two sessions held at 5:30pm and 6:15pm.
The last training sessions will be Thursday 12 November at the times specified above.
To reserve your spot click here Places are guaranteed to fill, so get in quick!
Wear workout gear and bring a drink bottle, but please note there are no changing or storage facilities onsite so best to leave your valuables at home.
Stair Climb Training Quick Tips
- For all stair climbing training use a stair case with approximately 8-12 flights of stairs for all training sessions.
- Preferably use a stair case that has access to an elevator to take you down after each climb, this reduces stress on the knees when running down stairs.
- If you do not have access to an elevator avoid running down stairs, instead walk to minimise impact on your knees.
- Try to take two steps at a time when climbing for a more efficient climb.
- Use railing if it is available.