Eureka Climb is typically held on the first Sunday immediately after the conclusion of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival in November. Our 2017 event will be on Sunday 19 November.
7 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Individual or Team?
You can create a team of four people (and become a team captain), join a team of four (that has been created by a team captain), or sign up as an individual. Please note: teams can not be any more than four people. To join a team you need to be invited by a team captain (via email). If you want to dress up feel free! We love that, but it’s up to you what you wear.
Participating in Eureka Climb includes an Entry Fee + a minimum pledge requirement. Please note when registering, an additional $1.95 processing fee will be charged per person.
|Walker (not timed, social)||$50||$200|
|Climber (timed, competitive)||$60||$240|
|Min. Fundraising Pledge*||$35||$140|
*Teams entering the Corporate Challenge will be required to raise a minimum pledge of $1,000 to participate.
If you sign up before Tuesday 1 August 2017 you will be able to take advantage of the early bird price, saving yourself $5 off individual entries and $20 off team registrations.
Online registrations will close at Friday 17 November 2017, 5pm
What you get*:
Access to level 88 (Skydeck 88) of Eureka Tower is normally $19.50. This is included as part of your entry. The below includes the added extras which may be updated from time to time so please check back.
- Official Finishers Medallion
- Discounted rate for accommodation at Travelodge over the event weekend (located right next door)
- 20% off RRP 2XU compression clothing on the day (visit their marquee!)
- Two for the price of one at PJ O’Briens Irish Pub after your Climb
- Ability to win prizes exclusive to participants for fundraising, race times and best dressed.
- Exclusive offers from Event Partners
*subject to change
We are unable to offer refunds if you register and then are no longer able to participate in Eureka Climb. However we can transfer your registration if you find someone to take your place.
Walkers (un-timed): 7:15am – 10:00am Climbers (timed): 7:00am – 10:15am & 11:30am – 1:00pm
Elites: 6:45am Corporate Cup: 11:45am Emergency Services: 10:30am – 11:00am
Staggered start (wave) times begin from 7:00am and you can select your start (wave) time during registration. Emergency Services and Corporate Challenge will have designated wave times. A new wave time will start every 15 minutes and will consist of a staggered start (one person released at a time, thus ensuring the stairs don’t become too congested.
Number of participants in each wave time is limited to avoid congestion for both walkers and climbers. Once a wave is full you will no longer be able to enter that allotted time. When entering as a team, 4 spaces will be allocated when you select your wave start time so that you and your team mates can all climb together.
- Climber (timed) – A climber is a timed competitive entrant, eligible to receive an accurate race time and prizes. Climbers will start at the Eureka Tower Plaza Area and finish on level 88.
- Walker (un-timed) – A walker is not timed, non competitive and ineligible for fastest time prizes*. The walker category is perfect for those individuals and teams wanting to take part in this charity event without the added pressure of keeping up the pace. A separate stairwell will be utilised for this category and will finish on level 88. This is perfect for families and social teams!
- Teams – A team consists of 4 team members of which you will all start at the same time (but do not have to all finish at the same time). You can enter as a team in the climber OR walker category – not both (a team can’t consist of 3 team members as climbers and 1 team member as a walker). A team time is the aggregate of all 4 team members. A team member is eligible for fastest individual prizes but NOT individual fundraising prizes. Thinking about registering a team? Make sure you have the email address’s of all your team members! Once you register the team, your team members will be sent an email asking them to confirm their place!
Special Event Groups
Elite athletes will need to apply for a limited position in this group of just 20 male and 20 female climbers. Entry fees still apply and fundraising is encouraged but not compulsory for this category. Read more here.
Current race record holders: Male: 7min 34sec (Mark Bourne 2013), Female 9min 33sec (Alice McNamara 2011)
Corporate Cup Challenge:
Wear your corporate colours with pride and help make a difference through the work of Whitelion and Interplast. Teams need to raise a minimum of $1,000 per team to be eligible to enter the challenge.
Winners can enjoy the camaraderie with colleagues by celebrating with the inaugural corporate cup afterwards.
All past Eureka Climb events have been well supported by members of the Emergency Services, in particular the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and CFA, Ambulance Victoria, Victoria Police, and our Defence Forces.
Your race kit includes your race bib (with safety pins) which you are required to wear and some vouchers. We advise you to arrive at least 45mins prior to your wave start time to collect your race kit or you can choose to collect your kit at one of the nominated pre-event day collection times:
- Thursday 16 November 4:30pm – 6:30pm (TBC)
- Friday 17 November 11am – 2pm (TBC)
You can collect your race kit during the above times from the event marquee located in the Eureka Tower Plaza adjacent to Travelodge Hotel.
Timing will be available to those that have entered the “climber” category (individual or team). Your race bib will include a timing chip that is activated when you run over a timing mat located just inside the entrance. It will then activate again when you run over the timing mat located at the finish line on level 88, recording an accurate start and finish time.
A team’s time is an aggregate of all 4 team members. You will be able to view your time post race on the big screen located at the Eureka Tower Concourse and also online at www.tomatotiming.com.au If you are not that competitive and do not care about receiving an official time, we advise you to enter the walker category either as an individual or team.
For past race results and times click here.
Family and friends can purchase a ticket to Eureka Skydeck where the finish line will be located. If you’d like to purchase a ticket click here or you can purchase on the day.
Doors to Eureka Skydeck will open at 7am on event day. Alternatively, there will be plenty going on at the Eureka Tower Concourse to keep family and friends amused as they await your return to earth.
Fundraising or raising a minimum pledge is an integral part of Eureka Climb. Click here to find out where your fundraising money goes or click here to read more about the minimum pledge requirement.
Official Event Merchandise
You can purchase an official 2XU event singlet during the registration process. If you wish to purchase a singlet after registrations then you can do so by logging into your Dashboard and going to the Product page.
On the Day
Click here to visit our page dedicated to what you need to know about the day including on the day registrations.