In preparation for the event it is good to have an idea of how long it will take you to complete the event, Stair climbing times depend largely on your fitness, average times for climbing the stairs are below:
- Advanced fitness levels (10-15mins)
- Intermediate fitness levels (15–30mins)
- Beginner fitness levels (30mins+)
On-line training program
Thanks to Stair Climbing Australia and our Official Health Partner, health.com.au, you now have access to a great on-line 6 week training program.
If starting this program 6 weeks out from the event, you'll be starting on Monday 6th October. However, you can start this whenever you like and adapt the days to suit your schedule.
This program is a guide. You can follow it as laid out or simply incorporate elements into your existing program. It's up to you.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW TRAINING PROGRAM
CLICK HERE TO VIEW health.com.au TRAINING INFOGRAPHIC
Stair Climb Training Quick Tips
- For all stair climbing training use a stair case with approximately 8-12 flights of stairs for all training sessions.
- ‘Stairs’ in the following program refers to climbing the 8-12 flights of stairs you will be training on.
- Preferably use a stair case that has access to an elevator to take you down after each climb, this reduces stress on the knees when running down stairs.
- If you do not have access to an elevator avoid running down stairs, instead walk to minimise impact on your knees.
- Try to take two steps at a time when climbing for a more efficient climb.
- Use railing if it is available.